Let’s get familiar with Genymotion.
Genymotion is the most powerful Android emulator for app developers & testers.
Developers can install the plugin of Genymotion in Android Studio plugin with few simple steps:
- Click File–> Settings
- Click on Plugins tabs left side on Settings window.
- Click Browse Repositories and search for Genymotion.
On the right side of Browse Repositories pop up, there will be a button with name “Install”.
- Click on install button.
- Restart your Android Studio IDE. Now you can see, Genymotion is installed in Android studio.
How to use the Genymotion for the app?
- After installation of Genymotion plugin, there will be a phone like an icon on the toolbar of Android Studio.
- After clicking that icon Genymotion Device Manager will open, where you can see the list of available Genymotion virtual devices.
- Select one of them or you can create the virtual device by clicking on New button.
- Creating new virtual device will show a popup shown below,
Where you have options to choose Android versions and Device model after that click on Next button.
- You can choose the name for the virtual device shown as below,
- Click Next and download and install will start for the virtual device.That’s all. Now you can click on start button to start Genymotion virtual device.Now you can run your App on this device. Just hit Run button on your Android Studio’s toolbar, choose your virtual device from Available Virtual Devices and it will run your project on it.
- To avoid the issues in your android app you can follow Do’s and Don’ts for Android this blog.